Real World supports outbound faxing using the industry standard T.38 Fax Protocol. If you are running a Microsoft Windows operating system, you can take advantage of the Microsoft Faxing Service with a compatible T.38 modem client to enable Faxing from your Windows PC.
To configure Fax support follow these steps:
- Install and configure the Fax Service Manager. These instructions are from Microsoft and cover the basic steps required to get your system up and running
- Download a trial license for the FaxBack T.38 VoIP gateway from their website. This provides a T.38 VoIP interface for the Windows Fax Service Manager. They will email you a trial license key once you sign up on their website. You do not need the HTTPS connector option.
- Install the Microsoft .Net 3.5 framework
- Install the FaxBack VoIP plugin for Microsoft Fax Service by running the installer you downloaded.
- Complete the installation wizard. When you are prompted with the option to configure your VoIP connection, choose "Advanced". You will need the following from Real World:
Your Fax Username (test-fax in this example)
Your Fax Password
- Enter the following details in the "More Settings" screen:
Through this SIP provider
User name: <you fax username provided by Real World>
Password: <your fax password provided by Real World>
Address of Record: <your fax username provided by Real World>@126.96.36.199:5060
- Click More Settings
Your Fax Number: <your fax username provided by Real World>
Your VoIP Domain: sip.realworld.net.au
Local IP Address: Get IP Address Automatically
Local Port Number: 5060
- Click OK and complete the Test Fax transmission. In our case we tested against Real World's fax number - 02 9037 0591.
For more help using the Microsoft Fax Service, contact your IT support organisation or Real World.