Depending on the Microsoft 365 subscription licenses you have been assigned within your organisation, you may have access to downloadable versions of Office, Project or Visio apps which can be installed and used on up to five computers.
Check if Office, Project or Visio apps are available to you
- Open a web browser to https://portal.office.com/account. If prompted to sign-in, use your Microsoft 365 work account information.
- In the left menu, click Apps & devices.
- If your Microsoft 365 subscription license includes downloadable Office apps, you will see an Install Office link. If licensed for a Project subscription that includes downloadable Project client, you will see Install Project. Finally, if licensed for any Visio subscription, will have Install Visio link.
Install Office, Project or Visio apps
NOTE: The links to install Office, Project or Visio apps need Administrator
access to your computer. If you are installing this on a workplace or managed
device, you might not have these permissions.
Managed devices usually deploy and configure Office, Project or Visio apps
with your company settings automatically.
- If you want to install Office apps on the computer you are currently using, click the Install Office link.
NOTE: Install Office first, then Project or Visio where available.
- Open the OfficeSetup.exe app after it has finished downloading and follow the on-screen prompts.
When installation has completed and you open an Office app for the first time, you may find Office tries to activate when first used. If so, make sure to use your Microsoft 365 work account information when activating.
NOTE: Do not use your Microsoft personal account information when activating
Office apps. This will register the apps as a Microsoft 365 Personal or
Do not use a product key when activating Office apps. This will register the
apps as Microsoft 2019/2022 Professional or Microsoft 2019/2022 Home and
Business retail version.