Giving a user local admin rights to a specific machine allows them to be able to make administrative changes. e.g. Install fonts and applications. Make system changes from control panel etc.
* When doing these steps a Domain administrator or someone already with local admin rights will need to be present.
- Click Start Menu
- Right Click Computer
- Click Manage (This is where you may need an Administrator to enter their username or password)
- Break open Local Users and Groups and click on Groups
- Double Click Administrators and click Add
- Enter the username to be added e.g. jsmith and click Check Name
- Click the OK buttons
- Restart the machine and the user should now have local admin rights.