This guide describes how to add a Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange IMAP mailbox to the default Email app that ships with Android on the Samsung Galaxy range of tablets and phones.
NOTE: These settings can be used in other IMAP email apps. The instructions on this page focus on adding these settings to Samsung Galaxy devices.
|Login/Username:||Your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address|
|Password:||Your email address password|
|IMAP Security Type:||SSL|
|SMTP Security Type:||TLS|
Samsung Email App Setup
- On your device, start the Email App.
- If you do not have an email account already, you will see the Add new account page. Enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address and its password in the fields shown, and then tap Manual Setup.
- In the Manual Setup page, tap IMAP Account.
- The Manual Setup page will now show a list of options to enter. Fill in the fields with the below information.
Account Email address: Your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address User name: Your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address Password: Your email address password
Incoming Server IMAP server: imap.exchange.thecore.net.au Security type: SSL Port: 993 IMAP path prefix: Leave empty
Outgoing Server SMTP server: smtp.exchange.thecore.net.au Security type: TLS Port: 587 Authentication required
before sending emails:
Tap to place a tick this box User name: Your Real World Technology Solutions
Hosted Exchange email address
Password: Your email address password
The information should look similar to the sample shown below. When all the information has been added, tap Sign In.
- After the Manual Setup page tests your mailbox settings, the Email App will download your inbox.