This guide describes how to delete a mailbox within your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email environment.
Deleting a mailbox is an irreversible action. The mailbox, and its entire contents will be removed from your email domain, and will not be able to be recovered.
To delete a mailbox, you will need to know your email domain's management account username and password. The username and the management interface URL has changed from the previous email hosting service, but the password remains the same.
Email management account information
|Previous Email System||Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange|
|Mailbox Management URL||https://secure.rwts.com.au/cgi-bin/qmailadmin||https://console.exchange.thecore.net.au|
|Mailbox Management Usernameemail@example.com||Your email domain without prefixes or postfixes. For example, if your email domain is @youremaildomain.com, your username is simply youremaildomain|
|Mailbox Management Password||The password for the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.||The password for the previous email@example.com email address.|
To change a mailbox password
- Open your favourite web browser and navigate to https://console.exchange.thecore.net.au. A Control Panel Login page will appear.
- Enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange Mailbox Management Username, and password in the appropriate fields, and then click the Sign In button. Once done, the interface will display your email organisations management interface.
- On the left hand side navigation pane, under Hosting Services > Manage Exchange, click the option Exchange Organizations. You will then see information regarding your usage of your email environment.
- At the far right side of this page, a number of buttons allow you to manage various aspects of your email environment. Locate and click Mailboxes to view all of the mailboxes in your email environment.
- To delete a mailbox, click the radio option in front of the mailbox in the list that you would like to delete, and then click the Delete button at the far right of the page.
- Your web browser will prompt with a pop-up warning to check if you are sure that you want to delete the selected mailbox. If sure, click OK. If not sure, click Cancel to return to the list of mailboxes page.
- When the mailbox has been successfully deleted, a message will display near the top of the page that will indicate such. You will then be returned to the mailbox list page, which will show the mailboxes remaining in your domain.
- To delete more mailboxes, repeat steps 5 to 7 for each mailbox that you would like to delete.
- When done creating mailboxes, you can click the Sign Out link at the top of the page to exit the email management site.