This guide describes how to add a Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange mailbox to Outlook 2016 on Macintosh via IMAP.
These settings can be used in other IMAP email programs. The instructions on this page focus on adding these settings to Outlook 2016.
|Login/Username:||Your email address (for example: email@example.com)|
|Password:||Your email address password|
|Incoming server (IMAP):||imap.exchange.thecore.net.au|
|Incoming server (IMAP) connection type:||SSL|
|Incoming server (IMAP) port:||993|
|Outgoing server (SMTP):||smtp.exchange.thecore.net.au|
|Outgoing server (SMTP) port:||587|
- If you have not used Outlook before, start the Outlook application. You may be presented with the Outlook 2016 for Mac welcome screen. Click the Add Account button to begin setting up your mailbox.
- At the Add an Account panel, click Other Email.
- At the Enter your account information dialog, type in your email address and password, and then un-tick the Configure automatically option.
- The Enter your account information dialog will expand to show more options. In the User name area, type in your email address. In the Type pull-down option, choose IMAP. In the Incoming server area, type imap.exchange.thecore.net.au, and then place a tick in the option Use SSL to connect (recommended). In the Outgoing server area, type smtp.exchange.thecore.net.au, and place a tick in the option Override default port. Finally, change the Outgoing server port from 25 to 587.
The information should look similar to the sample shown below. When all the information has been entered, click the Add Account button.
- Outlook will now show the account you have just created in the Accounts preference panel. Under the Outgoing server area, click the More Options... button.
- A Settings for: smtp.exchange.thecore.net.au dialog will appear. In the Authentication pull-down option, choose Use Incoming Server Info, and then click OK.
- When back at the Accounts preference panel, close it for Outlook to begin downloading emails from your mailbox.