An out-of-office reply can be set by a user when accessing their email account via Outlook Web App online.
To do this, a user can:
- Open a web browser, and navigate to: http://exchange.thecore.net.au/
- At the login page, enter the email address and password of the account, and then click the 'sign-in' button.
(When accessing Outlook Web App for the first time, it may display a time-zone page. Choose the appropriate country and time-zone, and continue.)
- At the very top left of the Outlook Web App page, is a settings icon. It looks like a cog, and appears just before the help icon. Clicking this shows some menu options, choose 'Set automatic replies'.
The 'Automatic Replies' option page will appear with various options to set an out-of-office reply. You can set a reply for users inside your organisation (an internal reply), and have the option to set a reply for anyone that emails you (an external reply). You can also scheduling when a reply should start and end for both. Fill in a reply that you would like for each, along with the options you would like. When finished, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page.
Some things to note:
- If you send yourself a message, the reply won't appear.
- Colleagues will only receive one response when you are on leave. (It wont keep sending them replies.
- Spam messages your mailbox might receive while out-of-office won't get replies.
- If you have not set an end-date for the out of office reply, remember to log back into your account via Outlook Web App and turn off the automatic replies.
Please sign in to leave a comment.