This guide describes how to add an additional mailbox to your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email environment.
To add another mailbox, you will need to know your email domain's management account username and password. The username and the management interface URL has changed from the previous email hosting service, but the password remains the same.
Email management account information
|Previous Email System||Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange|
|Mailbox Management URL||https://secure.rwts.com.au/cgi-bin/qmailadmin||https://console.exchange.thecore.net.au|
|Mailbox Management Usernamefirstname.lastname@example.org||Your email domain without prefixes or postfixes. For example, if your email domain is @youremaildomain.com, your username is simply youremaildomain|
|Mailbox Management Password||The password for the email@example.com email address.||The password for the previous firstname.lastname@example.org email address.|
To add a new mailbox
- Open your favourite web browser and navigate to: https://console.exchange.thecore.net.au. A Control Panel Login page will appear.
- Enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange Mailbox Management Username, and password in the appropriate fields, and then click the Sign In button. Once done, the interface will display your email organisations management interface.
- On the left hand side navigation pane, under Hosting Services > Manage Exchange, click the option Exchange Organizations. You will then see information regarding your usage of your email environment.
- At the far right side of this page, a number of buttons allow you to manage various aspects of your email environment. Locate and click Mailboxes to view all of the mailboxes in your email environment.
- To add a new mailbox, click the Add Mailbox button located at the far right of the page. The Add mailbox in "emaildomain" will be shown.
- In the area titled Mailbox Name click the [ New User ] link. This will change the options in that area to display a field to enter a mailbox name, and two new password fields.
- Enter the username that you would like the email address to be, along with an appropriate complex password, and then click the Add Mailbox button to create the new mailbox.
- If the mailbox has been created successfully, a message will display near the top of the page that will indicate such. If the password is not complex enough, or the username selected has already been used elsewhere, a message will indicate a failure. Retry a different username and/or password until a successful mailbox is created.
- To add another mailbox, on the left hand side navigation pane, under Hosting Services > Manage Exchange, repeat steps 5 to 8 for each additional mailbox you would like to create.
- When done creating mailboxes, you can click the Sign Out link at the top of the page to exit the email management site.
Please sign in to leave a comment.