This guide describes how to change or reset passwords to mailboxes within your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email environment.
To perform a mailbox password change, you will need to know your email domain's management account username and password. The username and the management interface URL has changed from the previous email hosting service, but the password remains the same.
Email management account information
|Previous Email System||Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange|
|Mailbox Management URL||https://secure.rwts.com.au/cgi-bin/qmailadmin||https://console.exchange.thecore.net.au|
|Mailbox Management Usernamefirstname.lastname@example.org||Your email domain without prefixes or postfixes. For example, if your email domain is @youremaildomain.com, your username is simply youremaildomain|
|Mailbox Management Password||The password for the email@example.com email address.||The password for the previous firstname.lastname@example.org email address.|
To change a mailbox password
- Open your favourite web browser and navigate to: https://console.exchange.thecore.net.au. A Control Panel Login page will appear.
- Enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange Mailbox Management Username, and password in the appropriate fields, and then click the Sign In button. Once done, the interface will display your email organisations management interface.
- On the left hand side navigation pane, under Hosting Services > Manage Exchange, click the option Exchange Organizations. You will then see information regarding your usage of your email environment.
- At the far right side of this page, a number of buttons allow you to manage various aspects of your email environment. Locate and click Mailboxes to view all of the mailboxes in your email environment.
- For the mailbox password you would like to change, in the list of all available mailboxes, click the Radio option box in front of the mailbox you would like to change the password for, and then click Edit Mailbox in the list of buttons to the far right of the page.
- At the General Properties page of the mailbox you have chosen to edit, you will see some basic information of the mailbox, along with other tabs along the top of the page to change other aspects of the mailbox settings. Click the Change Password tab.
- In the Change Password tab page, you can type in the password for this mailbox in the Password and Confirm Password fields. When done, click the Change Password button.
- If the password has been changed successfully, a message will display near the top of the page that will indicate such. If the password change has been unsuccessful, a message will indicate a failure. This may be due to the password being too short, or not complex enough. Retry a different password until a successful change occurs.
- To change another mailbox password, on the left hand side navigation pane, under Hosting Services > Manage Exchange, click the option Exchange Organizations again, and then repeat steps 4 to 8 for each additional mailbox.
- When done changing mailbox passwords, you can click the Sign Out link at the top of the web page to exit the email management site.