This guide describes how to add a Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange IMAP mailbox to the Google Gmail app on Android tablets and phones.
NOTE: These settings can be used in other IMAP email apps. The instructions on this page focus on adding these settings to Android devices with the Google Gmail app.
|Login/Username:||Your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address|
|Password:||Your email address password|
|IMAP Security Type:||SSL|
|SMTP Security Type:||TLS|
Google Gmail App Setup
- On your device, start the Gmail App. If you just installed Gmail, you will see the New in Gmail page. Tap Got It at the bottom of this page.
- If you do not have an email account setup in Gmail already, you will see the You can now add all your email addresses page. Tap Add an email address.
- At the Set up email page, tap Other.
- At the Add your email address page, enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address, and then tap Manual Setup.
- When asked What type of account is this?, tap Personal (IMAP), and then tap Next and the bottom of the screen.
- When prompted for your password, enter your email address password, and then tap Next.
- On the Incoming server settings page, in the Username area, enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address. In the Password area, enter your email address password. In the Server area, enter imap.exchange.thecore.net.au. When all the information is added, tap Next.
- On the Outgoing server settings page, make sure that the Require signin switch is On. In the Username area enter your Real World Technology Solutions Hosted Exchange email address. In the Password area, enter your email address password. In the SMTP Server area, enter smtp.exchange.thecore.net.au. When all the information is added, tap Next.
- On the Account options page, you can choose the Sync frequency the you would like, and tick options to Notify me when email arrives, Sync email from this account, and Automatically download attachments when connected to Wi-Fi, to what you like. When done choosing your preferred options, tap Next.
- At the Your account is set up and email is on its way! page, you can add an Account name, and enter Your Name to what you you like. When done, tap Next.
- Gmail will then download your inbox.
Please sign in to leave a comment.